Position: Nurse Manager
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Under the direction of the CEO, the Nurse Manager is responsible for overseeing clinical support services, risk management, and quality health care deliver in the clinic setting. The Nurse Manager also participates on the leadership team.
- Experience with Physician and Office Management
- 3-5 years of experience preferred
- Knowledge of personnel administration procedures and practices as well as principles, techniques, terminology and procedures of sound management
- Knowledge of health care administration practices
- Skill in verbal and written communications
- Ability to work effectively with staff, public, and external agencies
- Demonstration and certification of clinical skills
- License as a LVN or RN in the state of Texas
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports to the CEO and attends all required leadership and quality meetings.
- Supervises medical assistants and other nurses (RN, LVN).
- Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates, controls, and evaluates the clinical support team and efficiency in each clinic.
- Serves as a part of the leadership team and Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement committee.
- Helps establish/implement goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and systems for the health center and is responsible for the development and implementation of these plans
- Coordinates and oversees the Risk Management plan of the health center, under the direction of the QA/QI Committee and the CEO.
- Evaluates performance and recommends merit increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions for medical assistants and other nurses (RN, LVN).
- Works with medical staff to ensure quality patient care and services are provided
- Is familiar with the Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) model and helps to set, achieve, and maintain goals related to PCMH recognition.
- Trains medical staff on the appropriate documentation of PCMH required activities, especially in the documentation of care management (goals and follow-up), quality measures, and care coordination.
- Works with Director of Operations and supports medical providers to provide same-day access for all patients.
- Hires medical assistants and nurses (under the direction of the Director of Operations and CEO).
- Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” and “Mission Statement”
- Acts as an advocate for underserved individuals with sensitivity to each client’s unique needs
- Maintains clinical standards in the clinics through appropriate evaluation of clinical support staff
- Assists medical providers (physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, etc.) in developing templates for quality delivery of services.
- Performs other duties necessary for successful operation of the health center.
- Works inside clean and comfortable medical office environment.
- May be required to lift items less than 25lbs.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It’s not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Supervisors as deemed appropriate may assign additional functions and requirements. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.