Reports to: Nurse Manager and Director of Operations
To perform clinical duties under direct supervision of a provider/ physician assisting with patient care. The LVN will work with provider and additional clinical support staff to maintain clin flow. LVN will always maintain confidentiality (HIPAA).
Our thriving Family Medical Practice needs an experienced Licensed Vocational Nurse whose responsibility is to work with Provider to coordinate patient centered care. The LVN will work as a team to maintain clinic flow of all patients. LVN duties include but not limited to: Obtain detail medical history, vital signs, medication review of patients, performing laboratory services/EKG/other procedures under supervision as needed, telephone messages and administration of medication/immunizations. We’re looking for a professional who believes that patients should be treated as people rather than numbers in a file, and who understands the value of compassionate service. The job includes significant amounts of multi-tasking, but the ideal candidate will know when to slow down, look patients in the eye and provide personalized service. There are a few advancement opportunities for the successful applicant.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Escort Patients to Exam Rooms, Interview Patients, Measure Vital Signs, and Document all Information in Patient’s Chart.
- Assisting the Physician/Provider During Examinations
- Medication/Immunization administration
- Explaining Medical Procedures to Patients
- Calling in Prescriptions to Pharmacies
- Signing out sample medication according to provider orders
- Logging medications received from assistance programs (create TE and notify patient via phone)
- Collect Laboratory Specimens (phlebotomy, Urine Specimens, Glucose, Strep/Flu swabs)
- Sterilize Medical Instruments
- Keep Exam Rooms Stocked with Adequate Medical Supplies
- Notify appropriate personal when supplies need to be ordered to maintain clinic flow
- Take Telephone Messages and Provide Feedback and Answers to Patient/Physician/Provider/Pharmacy Calls
- Triage and Process Messages from Patients and Front Office Staff to Physician/Provider
- Maintain all Logs and Required Checks (i.e. refrigerator temperatures, emergency medications, expired medications, oxygen, immunizations, etc.)
- Changing Biohazard Trash/sharp boxes as Needed
- Clean Exam Rooms After each Patient
- Hand hygiene
- Cleaning Lab and Exam Counter
- Entering Immunizations to EMR and lmmTrac
- Monthly TVFC Report
- Prior Authorizations
- EKG Procedure
- Accurate documentation/locking Lab and nurse Visits
- Maintaining HIPAA
- Time management
- Huddle with provider to maintain clinic/patient flow
- Arriving on time to prepare for assigned duties
- Adequate Communication with other staff
- Assisting with referrals as needed
- Obtaining medical records (ER/Hospital visits/Pap-Smear/Colonoscopy’s)
- Performs other duties or special projects as requested
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School Diploma
- Graduate from an approved nursing program. Nursing licensure in the State of Texas
- Exceptional Customer Service and Phone Etiquette
- Ability to Maintain Effective and Organized Systems to Ensure Timely Patient Flow The Ability to Perform Phlebotomy and Administer Injections
- Knowledge of EMRs (preferred)
Arrival Time: 7:50 am
**May change at managers discretion.
- Works inside a clean and comfortable environment.
- Extensive walking, standing, sitting while at work.
Additional Notes: Administers clinical care under the direction and supervision of a provider. Performs a variety of direct and indirect patient care duties needed to keep the clinical office running smoothly. The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It’s not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Supervisors as deemed appropriate may assign additional functions and requirements. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.